Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What I Wore: Easter Outfit:)

Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter. Mine was wonderful and filled with family (and food).

My hubs and I got up early (7:55) and scrambled to get ready.
I have a lot of hair to curl and wanted to make sure I didn't forget all the food we needed to take.

Fortunately, rushing to get ready is something I am a champ at (because it happens way to often) and my husband thinks he is a Nascar driver so we made it to Mass 25 minutes before the 9:30 start time. Plenty of time to get prime seating on a busy Easter Sunday.

I love Mass on Easter Sunday. It's great how so many people are dressed up and celebrating that Jesus died on the cross for us and rose on the third day to save us. It is an amazing feeling to know that you are loved so much.

After Mass we stopped by my parents to put food in the fridge that would be going to Seth's family easter. We then headed over to my Aunt Roberta's for a giant family meal.

By giant I mean over 50 people. The food was excellent and there was tons of it since we all took stuff.
We took a crockpot of green beans, a green bean casserole and an angel food cake that was fluffy like a cloud.

After stuffing our faces and watching the kids hunt eggs we packed up and headed over to Easter at Seth's Grandma's house.

Here we were met with another big family and tons more food. Surprisingly, we remembered to pick up the food from my mom's house so we had a platter of fresh fruit and another angel food cake.

Is there anything more Easter-y than fluffy angel food cake? I think not.

For the Easter Egg hunt at his Grandma's, Seth thought it was the right time to teach kids that...

Life's not fair.  
The day before he had his sister, Sara, spray paint an egg gold. Then he stuck $20 in the egg and hid it for the kids to find. Basically, he was expecting all the kids to complain that Life's not fair when only 1 kid got the $20.

What really happened is that I learned Life's not fair when your husband takes the $20 from your purse to teach a lesson that nobody even cares about because they got candy.

Oh, and Happy Easter. Here's what we wore:)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, when I saw the title of your blog it reminded me of a line from Steel Magnolias. :)

    Such a cute outfit- love Navy + yellow together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie! Haven't watched it in forever though but my mom and I always say my colors are "pink and pink". The armadillo cake is also fantastic.

    And, thanks! I love navy and yellow together as well. I just recently realized I can wear bright yellow. Some shades make me look a little green:/

    You're blog is super cute. Love those mint green straws on your most recent post. I'm mildly obsessed with that color and paper straws:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! Bummer about the $20! At least someone learned a lesson!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I did learn a lesson, hide my purse:)

      Delete

I love comments and will do my very best to get back with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...