Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snack Attack!

I'm what you might call a snackoholic. I love snacks and I like to think I'm pretty good at them. Not sure what being "good at snacks" really means, but if it meant something I think I would be doing alright. 

Here's a rundown of some of my favorite snacks right now.

Apples 

I love eating apples in multiple different ways. 
  1. Apples and cinnamon sugar
    • To make you just cut the apple into little bite size pieces and sprinkling a little bit of sugar and a lot of cinnamon on them. Toss and eat. I'm pretty sure you could even leave the sugar out but it kinda tricks my mind into thinking I'm eating apple pie:)
  2. Apples and peanut butter
    • This doesn't need much of an explanation. Just slice up apples and dip into peanut butter. Creamy or crunchy, tastes great either way. 
  3. Plain apples
    • Apparently this is also good at helping to clean and whiten your teeth. Bonus!




Craisins 

If you haven't had these you should. They are basically like raisins only they are dried cranberries. I love to snack on these plain or mix them in with my cheerios. I was also thinking they might not be too bad if I stuck some on top of my apples and peanut butter. I'll have to try it!

There are several different kinds of Craisins that are infused with different kinds of juice including pomegranate, blueberry, cherry and more. So far I love all the kinds I have tried.

Hummus

Yum! I'm currently working my way through a giant Costco sized tub of the Sabra Pine Nut Hummus. I've yet to meet a hummus I didn't like. 

I've found that there are several ways to enjoy hummus including with carrots or little grape tomatoes. I like to make up little containers of single servings of carrots and tomatoes with a smaller container to keep a serving of hummus in. These are easy to grab and throw in my lunch or snack on after work so I don't reach for a bag of Cheetos (yum!) or something crazy like that. Hummus is also mighty delish with a handful of Triscuits if you happen to have those on hand. 

I haven't tried it yet but I bet it would be pretty tasty to spread a layer of hummus on a sandwich in place of mayo. 

Well, there's a rundown of several of my favorite snacks. I've been trying to eat a little healthier lately and while I'm sure these aren't the healthiest snacks in the world they've gotta be better for me than brownies or chips and french onion dip:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will do my very best to get back with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...