Wednesday, March 13, 2013

HABEMUS PAPA! We have a POPE!

Wow, what an exciting day to be a Catholic!

The cardinals have elected Jorge Mario Bergoglio as the new Pope of the Catholic Church. He has chosen the name Pope Francis I.

I was on my lunch hour at my parents house when I got a text from popealarm.com telling me that there was white smoke and a new Pope had been elected. My mom and I anxiously watched the news until Pope Francis I came out onto the balcony in St. Peter's Square to give the Papal Blessing.

It was a pretty amazing moment to watch even if it was on tv. Eight years ago when Pope Benedict was elected my mom happened to be in Rome, on vacation, and she said it was the experience of a lifetime. I'm hoping someday I may get that opportunity as well.

Overall, not a bad way to spend a lunch hour (and a half, oops) I will tell you that!

All images pulled form Bing Images.








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will do my very best to get back with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...