Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter French Toast

I was craving some french toast the other night after work so I decided to make it for dinner. 

The fact that I had a loaf of Grandma's homemade bread in the freezer made the whole thing that much better.

I'm not really a french toast connoisseur or anything but I thought it tasted pretty good. So here's what I did.

Gathered my ingredients. 

  • Homemade Bread
  • Milk
  • Farm Fresh Eggs
  • Cinnamon
  • Cloves
  • Honey
  • Vanilla

*A pat of butter for the griddle if you like.



Grandma's bread is the BEST!


Slice up the bread into whatever thickness you prefer.
Crack a couple eggs in a bowl and add some milk. 
Whisk it up. 



Pour in some vanilla. I'd say a tbsp or so.
Depends on what you like really.



Next add the cinnamon. I actually ended up adding extra after
all ingredients were together because I LOVE cinnamon.
Probably a tbsp in all.


A little nutmeg. I probably put in 1/4 tsp.


A tbsp of honey or so. 


Drop in a slice of bread. 


Dunk it to coat well


Toss on your hot griddle. *You can put butter on the griddle before you do this if you like.


Continue the process until...


...all your bread is on the griddle.
Because I like my french toast extra flavorful I melted a tbsp of butter and then stirred in a tsp of cinnamon and then brushed it on the bread. Like so. 


Mix ingredients.
Brush on bread. Continue cooking.
Once it's a nice golden color and no longer soggy it's ready and you can remove from heat and put on a plate.

I decided to cut mine into cute little shapes using cookie cutters. 


An Easter bunny.


And a couple Easter eggs. 


Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like and then serve with syrup, honey, fruit or whatever you want. 


Extra slices.
You can store the extra slices in the fridge for a few days or wrap them up and toss them in the freezer for quick meals later on. They freeze beautifully:)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will do my very best to get back with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...