Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Recap

Busy weekend once again. Does anyone ever have a non-busy weekend? Tell me your secret please.

Friday morning I managed to remember to start the crockpot (miracle), so by the time we got home from work we had a delicious roast waiting for us. OMG yum. Having Seth home in the evenings now is awesome. Even if it means he falls asleep in the recliner at 9:00 while watching Dateline. He did manage to wake up long enough to crawl in bed. The lives of the rich and the famous right here peoples.

Saturday morning was your usual fair of laundry and picking up around the house while Seth worked on a few things outside. I managed to make some dried cinnamon apple chips though (which you will find a recipe for soon). 

Hello fall in a jar. 

We like to have date nights at least once a week but we've been trying to be on a budget (see this purchase) so we haven't gone out as much lately. Since we've been being good we went ahead and splurged (ha) on dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings before meeting up with Seth's brother, Kyle, to go see Captain Phillips. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for something to see. I still want to google and see how accurate it is to the real events that happened to Captain Phillips. Crazy stuff though. 

Around our house, Sunday morning involves Church and then stopping by my parents house to see how the process is going. It's almost done praise the lord. We even managed to help by hanging a kitchen light fixture and not getting electrocuted. Winning. By the time we got home it was already almost one and I helped Seth paint the last section of the floor in his shop. After getting high on paint fumes we watched Gunnar try to catch a bird on the pond for approximately 30 minutes before Seth shot it so Gunnar could retrieve. Poor puppy wasn't quitting 'til he got the bird so good thing that doggy can paddle!



Somehow we managed no naps all weekend which I find to be a bit of a shame, but I'm glad we got some stuff accomplished. Including dinner of taco salad with homemade pico de gallo salsa (recipe also coming to the blog soon). 

Get in my belly. 
Seth's out of town this week (again) and our two year anniversary is on Tuesday so I'm a little bummed about that but I guess we will just have to celebrate this weekend. 

Happy Monday!

Linking up with Sami


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Found you through the linkup!! Happy early anniversary!!! :) I just got married in August! :)
    Hope you stop by and say hi! (www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not taken a nap in over 3 weekends now! I am dying of shame. But seriously I'm pretty upset about it. I had the chance yesterday, but I got addicted to a 2 hour Extreme Weight Loss show and couldn't sleep through it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will do my very best to get back with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...