Friday, October 4, 2013

7 Quick Takes {17} - Fall decor, Nascar, and other ramblings

Linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary. Check it out. 

1. How do my weekends end up so jam packed? Somehow I'm supposed to fit in my high schools homecoming game, an oil change, the Octoberfest type event in my hometown, go with Seth to help out at my parents house, maybe visit a blog friend in real life at First Fridays and then Sunday we have tickets to a Nascar race. Which brings me to my next point...

2. What does one wear to a Nascar race? I've never been and let's just say I don't want to stand out, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to look like everyone else. Especially if it's anything like how my brain has imagined it to be (read mullets and beer belly's). Seth insists this is something I need to do at least once in my life and since we got free tickets how can I say no? Wish me luck?!

3. There has been some amazingness floating around the interwebz this week and I love it. Try this or this. If you're not having a better day after those two videos you might need to visit a doctor cause you probably need meds. 

4. Finally got some spaghetti sauce canned this week before the tomatoes rotted all over my counters. Yay me. Maybe I'll get around to posting some deets next week. 



5. On my quest to be healthier I have been continuing with my pop only once a week rule. I've actually decided to make it two though, (I know, I have no self control) but here me out. I have one pop every Sunday. It's the sugar loaded caffeine fix I look forward to all week but sometimes you just need a second one. Ya know? For example, you're at the movies and you really need a big gulp to go with that popcorn or you're having a slice of pizza which goes great with Pepsi. So, I've decided I get the one extra that I can have anytime I want throughout the week. Then I still get to look forward to my one on Sunday and don't fall off the wagon if I "cheat" and have that one extra. Make sense? It might be pathetic how much I have thought this through, but so far it's working so don't knock it til ya try it! 

6. I've been putting up some fall decor this week. Isn't it cute?




7. Slowly but surely I've been chipping away at my to-do list this week which makes me happy happy happy. I think I deserve a vacation. To bad I don't get paid to accomplish my to-do list because then I could for sure afford one. I guess I will just have to settle for a weekend. 

Happy Fall Friday Ya'll! (P.S. free fall printable here)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will do my very best to get back with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...