Wednesday, October 23, 2013

How to make Cinnamon Apple Chips

I've been promising a lot of things around this space lately so I'm trying to deliver. Last week I promised a post on how to make cinnamon apple chips and so guess what I'm delivering today?!!

If you guessed "How to make cinnamon apples" you are a smartypants, so give yourself a gold star!

This is actual super duper simple to do, so no worries if you're no Rachel Ray or Betty Crocker. 

Gather your ingredients:

3 apples (I used gala)
Ball Fruit Fresh (can also use lemon juice)
Cinnamon

And supplies:

Apple corer
Mandolin Slicer (or a good knife)
Dehydrator (or oven)


Put some fruit fresh in a bowl of water. 


Slice your apples as thin or as thick as you like. 
Keeping in mind they will shrink when we dehydrate them. 
Then toss them in the bowl of fruit fresh (or lemon juice) to prevent browning.


Lay your apples out on parchment paper.
Sprinkle with cinnamon. A lot or a little depending on your preference.


Lay apples into single layers on your dehydrator trays. 
(See oven instructions below.)
Turn the dehydrator on.


After about 4 hours (give or take) your apples will look all crinkly and be ready to eat.


If you like the apples crunchy (like chips) leave them in the dehydrator longer. If you like them softer (so you can roll them up like me) take them out earlier.


And that my friends is all there is to it. 
Store in a container or a pretty little mason jar that we all love so dearly. 



**Oven instructions - Turn on your oven to 200ยบ and put sliced apples on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven for 2-4 hours depending on the crispiness you like. Flip apples periodically (every hour or so) so they dry evenly.  


Let me know if you try them:)

P.S. They're pretty good for breakfast!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will do my very best to get back with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...