1. SOOO ready for this 3 day weekend. My work week has been crazy busy with people waiting to dump work on us before the holiday and then expect it that day or Tuesday. Hello people, it's a 3 day weekend which means I want to slack off all day Friday, NOT try to cram a weeks worth of work in just so you can have your taco banners yesterday.
2. I'm seriously in love with this photo of my yard. iPhones are amazing as is Instagram. Oh, and Kansas is obviously beautiful in case you had doubts before.
3. The mirrors in the Target dressing room are the most unflattering mirrors in the entire world. I'm pretty sure they would sell 10x the amount of clothes if they invested in better dressing rooms with a focus on the mirrors. I'm 5'9 and I look like a 4 ft oompa loompa in those things. It's time for an upgrade!
|My hips pretty much look like this in the Target mirrors (source).|
4. I'm attempting beef jerky in my dehydrator for the first time. I will have to have my husband test it and I will let you know how it is and if it's worth trying again. Gunnar already approves but that's not saying much since he eats everything including the non-edible.
|I can just picture him saying "did I do that?" in Steve Erkel voice.|
5. I need to do some major house cleaning. Two rooms in my house look like the closets exploded and it's all junk I need to get rid of. Our town is having their annual city wide garage sale next weekend and I'm hoping to get rid of some of my stuff. Or, maybe I will check out other people's junk instead....it's still a toss up. (I'll spare you the explosion photos)
6. If I stopped drinking pop (soda, pepsi, coke, whatever you call it) I'm pretty sure I could drop 10 pounds. Unfortunately, I think I'm addicted. I guess it's better than drugs...maybe. Who really knows.
7. My day job is Prepress Designer. I wanted to share the following for anyone that has ever considered "designing" something that will need to be printed, please take my advice.
- If you don't know what a bleed is, hire someone that does.
- If you are considering "designing" artwork in word, excel, publisher or anything not in the Adobe Creative Suite, hire someone.
- If you don't know what Adobe Creative Suite is without googling it, hire someone that does.
- If your mom is the only person that has ever told you "you're a good designer", hire someone that does it for a living.
- If you don't know the difference between RGB or CMYK, or what they are, hire someone that does.
- NEVER use comic sans in any type of design.
|So true. source|
- If you don't know why these images are funny, or you don't think they are funny, hire a graphic designer.
- If I have offended you, it's more than likely you should hire a designer:)
I could continue but I think those basics should help weed out a lot of people. One more thing...If you are a real designer (ie: get a paycheck for it) use a freakin bleed when designing! Thanks:)
Okay, I feel better. Have a great weekend folks!
(UPDATE: Linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary)