Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm a Hoarder

I tend to be a bit of a hoarder. Not in the creepy disgusting kind of way that get's you your own episode on the tv show. More in the way that I hate throwing old papers and things from school away. I have tubs upon tubs of school assignments, paperwork, newspaper clippings, ticket stubs, receipts and other such junk organized away in closets and the attic over our garage. 

I think I hang on to it all because it's sort of like my life's history. It tells the story of who I am, what I did and how it turned out. Honestly, I don't think I even keep these things for me. I love looking back at my mom's old stuff like report cards and school papers. It helps me to know who she was and is besides just being my mother. I think in some sort of unconscious, or maybe conscious, way I think my future kids will think that's kinda cool to see my stuff too.

However, I don't think they will think it's so cool when they see how much of it there is. Especially if I die and they are left to go through it all. I should probably try to go through it all again and narrow down what's the most important. I gotta get over the fact that I feel like I'm throwing my history away because I know I'm not.

Plus, I just want to clear the clutter. 

Just one of many closets.

Help! Okay, it doesn't really look like this anymore but there's still a lot of paper!

Anybody else have this problem? Any good ways to clear it all out?! I'm desperate....


post signature

1 comment:

  1. ugh...no - I like to throw things away. Sorry friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will do my very best to get back with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...