Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I WON!

What did I win? I won a Liebster Award!

You have no idea what that is? Don't worry I didn't either, but now I do. 

Basically a Liebster Award is recognition of your blog from another blogger. In this case, Kayla and Kenzie from Orchard Girls nominated me. Thanks ladies!! I think it sort of means that they like me and they want to tell the world. Then I get to tell the world what blogs I think are wonderful and it goes on and on and on. Make sense? 

Here's some more official looking Liebster rules in case I make no sense, which is entirely possible. 

Liebster Rules

1. Link back to the nominating blog.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
5. Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
6. Contact the nominees to congratulate them and let them know they were nominated.

The 11 questions given by the Orchard Girls for me to answer

  1. What is/are your favorite color(s) to decorate with? Definitely a light aqua blue-ish color. I would paint my whole house that color if my husband would let me. 
  2. If you could go back in time and tell your younger self ONE thing, what would it be? Be a teacher. See #8. 
    Be a teacher!
  3. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi all the way. I'm trying to cut back though. While most bloggers (it seems) drink wine, I drink Pepsi. 
  4. Do you subscribe to any magazines? Which ones? Too many! I go to Recyclebank.com just so I can get free magazines. Right now I think I get, Better Homes and Garden, Country Living, Field and Stream, Cosmo, Food, Martha Stewart Living, and I know there's more that I can't think of. 
  5. On average, how much time do you spend on your computer in a day? 8 hours. I work sitting at a computer so I'm on it A LOT. Usually by the time I leave work I don't want to see a computer. 
  6. Are you currently reading a book? Which one? I listen to a lot of Audiobooks and just finished up Jodi Picoults Handle With Care and also James Pattersons Big Bad Wolf. Both good, but I loved the Jodi Picoult. 
  7. Where did you go on your longest road trip? I think the longest road trip is probably Colorado? Which, really isn't that far since I live in Kansas. I have been to both coasts but we tend to fly places instead of drive which is fine by me. 
  8. As a kid, what did you want to be when your "grew" up? A teacher. Always a teacher. Until Senior year of high school when I decided I wanted to go into graphic design. I still think I should have gone to school to be a graphic design teacher. I just love school and never wanted to leave. Still regretting that choice.
  9. What is your best habit? Ummm....I think that I always remember to say thank you. Probably to a fault. When eating out I will thank our waiter about 4 times everytime they fill my water glass. My husband always tells me once is enough, it starts to get awkward. I just can't help it. It's like a reflex. 
  10. What is one item you ALWAYS have with you? My iPhone and a notebook that I write lists in. I realize I could make lists on my phone but it wouldn't be the same. 
  11. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed? Take my vitamins and kiss my husband good night (if he's home). 


And now, 11 facts about me.


  1. I started dating my husband freshman year of high school (2002). We dated 9 years, 6 months and 1 day before getting married. 
    My SR Prom circa 2005. 
  2. I lived in the same house my whole life (besides college dorms). 25 years total. My parents just sold it this year. Bittersweet. 
    A great house to grow up in!
  3. I loved so many classes in school that I graduated with 3 majors and two minors. Commercial graphics, Print Management and Advertising Communications. Minored in Marketing and also Business Management. I love school!
  4. I have never been a "dog person" and probably still wouldn't describe myself as one but I sure do love my dog, Gunnar, and he is spoiled!
    How could I not love this face?!
  5. I drove a 1990 Honda Accord from 2003 until this past September 2012 when my husband talked me into a 2009 Honda Accord. Loved that little car. 
  6. If I ever won the lottery I would quit my job and travel full time. I love love love to travel. 
  7. I made a wish on the castle at Magic Kingdom in Disney World and it came true 5 hours later. I need to write a post about this!
  8. My brother Joe made a life changing decision that ended in a terrible accident that almost took his life. He was only 18. It helped me to appreciate life even more and not take things for granted or take life too seriously. You can watch his video about it here (it's long but worth it, i promise)
  9. My husband got me lasik eye surgery for my birthday present last year and it's the best gift I have ever received! 
  10. I love fresh tomatoes and grow my own garden just so I can have them.
    YUM!!!
  11. The thing I want most in the world is to have children someday. 



Here are the blogs that I nominate for The Liebster Award!

1. Kala from My Breezy Room
2. Christine from I Dig Pinterest
3. Jenn from Endlessly Inspired
4. Hayley from Texas Girl in Philly
5. Brooke from Blissful Roots

My Questions for the Nominees

1. Where's your favorite place to travel?
2. Do you have a favorite reality tv show? Which one?
3. Do you enjoy cooking? Favorite dish?
4. Cotton Candy or snow cones?
5. If you could buy yourself anything in the world, but it could only be one thing, what would it be? Why?
6. Do you have any extreme fears? Spiders, clowns?
7. Which Disney character would you be?
8. What was the best day of your life (so far)? 
9. Is there a talent you wish you had?
10. What's your go to snack?
11. What are three blogs you read regularly?

Thanks so much again to Kayla and Kenzie! You ladies are awesome. Can't wait to see what all my lovely nominees respond and put down for their facts. 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations again! You deserve the award, keep up the good work! And oh my word, I just realized we somehow had the wrong name next to your blog in our liebster post!! I am so sorry. Anyway, we fixed it. Dang typos.
    -Kayla & Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no worries! I really do appreciate it though:)

      Delete

I love comments and will do my very best to get back with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...